There is more than pushing involved when it comes to moving a piano. Oddly shaped, extremely heavy and yet also delicate, pianos are some of the hardest pieces to handle during a move. All Jersey Moving and Storage understands the intricacies of a piano move and has the expertise and experience to handle them with ease, making the process stress-free for our clients. In fact many piano tuners and refinishers in New Jersey and the surrounding area recommend us to their clients when it’s time to move a piano. We’ve not just handled the family piano but also move new pianos for manufacturers and stores, and have delivered a piano to the Garden State Arts Center for the Steve Miller Band - with no abracadabra involved!
We handle pianos of all types, be they uprights or grands, with care and an eye on safety. Our professional movers can move pianos quickly to make sure your move stays on schedule, unlike smaller companies that rarely handle pianos. We also undertake moves from room to room, floor to floor, or across much larger distances. Pianos require special care when being moved and we are the company to hire, no matter how far your piano will travel. We understand the difficulty of negotiating stairs and keeping walls and floors undamaged. All of our trucks are fitted with appropriate equipment and belts to tie down, protect and move your instrument so that you can relax, knowing that your piano is being handled by trained staff with extensive experience in moving pianos.
Our professional moving crews have safely transported:
- Upright and spinet pianos
- Grand and baby grand pianos
- Antique pianos and
- Player pianos
Why Use A Professional Moving Company to Transport Your Piano?
- It avoids injury. There’s no such thing as a light piano, with even small pianos weighing in at about 450 pounds. On the other end, large pianos can weigh more than 1,000 pounds. Even experienced movers can injure themselves with that kind of weight. Choosing a professional piano moving company guarantees you'll be working with a mover who knows how to keep themselves and their team safe.
- It avoids damage to your home. Pianos can do serious damage to hardwood floors, walls, staircases and door frames. The cost of fixing this damage is often greater than hiring an experienced, professional mover from the start with the equipment and expertise to handle your piano.
- It avoids damage to your instrument. Despite their size and weight, pianos have delicate inner workings that are susceptible to damage if they are not properly padded, shifted, and secured in the truck during the move. Our moving staff know how to protectively wrap your instrument; move it using special dollies, skid boards and ramps; and load it in and out of the moving truck so it's secure during every stage of the move until it reaches its new home.
- It saves time. Inexperienced movers often have difficulty moving pianos, even over a short distance. From not knowing how to prepare the piano to having inadequate or no suitable equipment, their inexperience can turn moving a piano into a nightmare. All Jersey Moving and Storage can arrive, move, load and leave with your piano in under an hour, freeeing your precious time to devote to other moving-related tasks.
- It’s affordable. Sure, you could move a piano by yourself - but why risk it? Renting a truck, fueling it, paying for help… these costs add up and if anything is damaged, the costs to repair the instrument and its environment can be excessive. Hiring our professional movers is far more cost effective than a do-it-yourself piano move, especially if you end up having to pay for repairs.
- It's easy. After making the call to All Jersey Moving & Storage, simply empty your bench of sheet music and remove everything from the piano (like lights, books, awards and framed pictures). Pack them with the rest of your items - in a labeled, cushioned cardboard box - so that the piano can be set up quickly in your new place.
For a free quote,contact us today.