Our statement on COVID-19 and YES we are open for business. PLEASE READ
Stress Free Moving for Seniors
Moving is a big undertaking for everyone, but it can be especially stressful for seniors. A senior's move could be prompted by declining health; inability to take care of a large home anymore; or requiring the facilities of a retirement residence due to reduced mobility, capability and memory. If seniors rely on familiar surroundings to anchor themselves, moving can feel disorienting. A home is where you start your married life, raise your children, celebrate birthdays and holidays, and surround yourself with beloved artwork and mementos.
Moving closer to one’s children or grandchildren is usually a happy event, but if it’s necessary so they can monitor you more closely, it can feel like a loss of independence or becoming a burden.
For all these reasons, it’s crucial to plan the move carefully and find the best moving company.
Here are the top tips for keeping a senior and his/her family happy, reducing stress and enjoying a smooth transition during your move.
1. Select reputable, well established professional movers with industry approval and customer endorsements. All Jersey Moving & Storage has been in business for over 50 years. We have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and Super Service Awards from Angie’s List.
2. Choose a local moving company that is familiar with and recommended by the community. All Jersey Moving & Storage specializes in moves within a 500-mile radius of their base in New Jersey, up and down the East Coast. We're proud to have become the recommended mover for many of the senior citizen complexes and assisted living facilities in the area. If you’re escaping from the harsh winters to warmer climates on the other coast, we’ve partnered with National Van Lines, who have been long distance moving experts for over 80 years.
3. Employing professional movers for packing and unpacking is the best way to ensure that the move go smoothly and family relationships remain intact! It’s also surprisingly affordable if you use All Jersey Movers & Storage. We can assist you with packing the kitchen and dining room, which usually house the most precious and breakable items.
4. Having the same crew pack for a move and unpack at the destination is very reassuring to seniors but unfortunately not that common with low-cost movers. You’ll see the same friendly faces when you use All Jersey Moving & Storage.
5. Seniors often own many items of financial and sentimental value and may be nervous that they’ll be damaged or lost en route. Expert packers like All Jersey Movers & Storage provide custom crating for marble and large glass tops, ornate mirrors, chandeliers and other high value items. In addition, specializing in direct, expedited moves and using the same crews ensures that all your possessions reach their destination in perfect condition.
If seniors are undecided about keeping certain possessions, ranging from furniture to documents, or don’t need them immediately, they’ll need to be housed securely. All Jersey Moving & Storage offers containerized storage, which is superior to self storage in several ways. Movement into and out of our storage facility is closely monitored, and full coverage can be purchased for additional peace of mind. Furniture and other valuables are blanket wrapped and then sealed and secured in large wooden containers. Our facility offers stable rental fees and no move-in administration fees.
All Jersey Moving & Storage offers good old fashioned quality service, with prices to match. Contact us today for a free estimate.