Packing - Do It Yourself or Pay Professional Movers?
Moving can be an expensive process. You may have bought a more costly home, by necessity or choice; been obliged to sell or give away some of your possessions, which will need replacing on the other end; or be transporting the contents of a large office or home. It’s tempting to think that you can save a lot of money by doing your own packing, using boxes from your local grocery store and asking friends and family to pitch in. This may be your best choice if you’re moving a short distance away, and have few or inexpensive possessions.
In most cases, though, it makes sense to first get packing quotes from at least three professional moving companies. Be sure to check their formal credentials, the length of time they've been in business and customer testimonials. All Jersey Moving & Storage is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and the New Jersey Warehousemen & Movers Association. We have over 50 years of experience and thousands of satisfied clients. We provide our clients with a detailed breakdown of all services including packing. You’ll be surprised to learn how affordable it can be, especially when you consider that packing often takes you away from work, other moving responsibilities and time that can be spent saying goodbye to friends and family. At All Jersey Moving & Storage, we stand by our quotes so there won’t be any nasty expensive surprises.
Remember to factor in all the other considerations besides cost when making your decision.
- Do you have the timeto pack yourself? As an amateur, you may tend to underestimate how long it will take. At All Jersey Moving & Storage, we're experts at estimating a timeframe and adhering to it. In most cases, we can complete the packingon the day before the move, which means keeping your space functional right until the end.
- How stressful will it be to pack up a whole home or office? The peace of mind attained by handing over huge jobs like packing to moving professionals is invaluable.
- Do you have fragile valuables or large awkward items like pianos? If not packaged properly, they could damage walls, doors and flooring when being moved or get broken and scratched in transit. All Jersey Moving & Storage has the equipment and know-how to protect all your belongings.
- How are you going to move or lift heavy possessions in order to wrap and protect them? Injuries to you or your helpers could delay the move and incur more expense.
- Do you have the right tools and material for the job – packing paper, sturdy boxes, dollies, tape and blankets?
- Will it be easy to know exactly what each package contains when unwrapping them at your final destination? How long will it take to set up your new home or office? All Jersey Moving & Storage provides unpacking services as well as packing services to help make your move smooth from start to finish.
Using professional movers to do all the packing may not be such a luxury after all. However, if you still think you can manage most of it yourself, you can utilize an expert mover like All Jersey to expertly pack and move your delicate or heavy items. If it’s getting down to the wire and you’ve overestimated your ability to complete the packing, All Jersey Moving & Storage will step in to complete the job as quickly as possible. We always have our customers’ best interests at heart.