Are we still open for business?
Yes, but we are not operating under normal conditions. Moving companies are NOT subject to the Governor’s recent executive order closing all non-essential business. That means YES, we can continue to provide moving and storage services. The Covid-19 pandemic has adjusted our business practices to enhance a clean and safe environment as our employees and customers are our priority. We ask our customers to please have patience with us during this time as we are short-staffed, adjusting to working from home, and have reduced our capacity. We are here to provide essential moving services. If your move is “non-essential,” we urge you to delay any moving plans you have scheduled until it’s safe to do so. We have also suspended our 48-hour cancellation policy; thus, we are not deterring any postponements.
We are here to provide you service; however, the safety of our employees and customers is of the utmost importance. All of us here at All Jersey Moving & Storage have been closely monitoring this situation, and we are doing our best to make the necessary changes to keep everyone safe while still providing an essential service.
These are some of the steps we have taken to reduce any exposure:
- We have asked all of our employees to adhere to CDC guidelines strictly.
- We are following social distancing orders as our office staff is working from home, and we have implemented staggered moving crews.
- We are offering estimates over the phone on all residential moves and most commercial moves to limit interaction.
- We provide all movers with gloves and disinfectant spray.
- In addition to the trucks, all equipment inside is being sprayed, including hand trucks, dollies, pads, etc.
We ask our customers to do the following:
- Do not hesitate to cancel your service if you feel unwell.
- Limit the number of people on site. We highly recommend having only one person on-site to oversee the move.
- Open all windows and doors to increase ventilation.
- Sanitize anything and everything before moving crews arrive.
- Do not initiate any contact as movers are instructed not to shake hands.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation because it takes a combined effort to provide a safe working environment. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.